Open position now hiring
Teatro Visión is a not-for-profit Latinx/Chicanx theater company with a 38-year history in San José and a strong reputation for excellence and innovation in our artistic programs and our community engagement. We are seeking a Managing Director to join a collaborative Staff and Board team. In partnership with our Artistic Director, the Managing Director ensures that our programs and operations center on community, collaboration, and creativity, in service of our mission to create theater rooted in Chicanx and Latinx experiences to inspire the people of Santa Clara Valley and beyond to feel, think, and act to create a better world. This is a part-time position with some flexibility in work schedule and the option to work from home or office, except when work schedule and in-person availability are necessitated by our production schedule. Part-time position: 20 hours per week.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Mission & Vision - in partnership with the Artistic Director, ensure programs, operations, communications, staff, and leadership center on our Latinx community and uphold Teatro Visión’s mission, vision, and core values, and stay true to its history of equity, inclusion, anti-racism, artistic excellence, and community collaboration.
- Strategic Planning - collaborate with the Artistic Director and Strategic Planning Committee to create multi-year strategic plans to guide the direction of the organization, including creating pro forma budgets, prioritizing goals, defining initiatives, and developing calendars of programs
- Staff Support - with Artistic Director, ensure staff members are well-versed in Teatro Visión’s mission, vision, core values, community engagement, strategic plan, programs, operations, and finances and that they have the resources and information they need to do their jobs effectively
- Board Support - ensure that Board Members are well-versed in Teatro Visión’s mission, vision, core values, community engagement, strategic plan, programs, operations, and finances; prepare progress reports for Board meetings and retreats; support and participate in Board Committees
- Programs - work with Artistic Director and Program Staff to design, lead and implement existing and new programs in service of Teatro Visión’s mission, strategic goals, and community, including overseeing ticketing and front of house
- Community - collaborate with the Artistic Director and Community Engagement & Marketing Manager to maintain Teatro Visión as a safe and supportive space for all staff, artists, volunteers, students, audiences, and nurture existing and new relationships with organizational and individual partners and collaborators.
- Finance & Accounting - draft annual organization budgets; track progress against budgets and report monthly financial projections to the Board of Directors; maintain financial records in Quickbooks Online; maintain organization insurance and registrations; with Accountant, file annual taxes
- Fund Development - with Fund Development and Corporate partnership committees, create annual fund development plans that adequately support Teatro Visión’s mission and operations; apply for grants and sponsorships; manage individual giving
- Communications - maintain regular contact with funders, donors, community leaders, and other stakeholders; work with Community Engagement & Marketing Manager to develop marketing, PR, social media, and community engagement plans
- Demonstrated leadership skills, preferably in a non-profit arts environment
- Success working in collaborative partnerships with staff, board, other organizations, and community members
- Experience with producing events, preferably in theater
- Strong financial literacy, with practical knowledge of non-profit finance and accounting, budgeting, and financial forecasting
- Experience in fund development, with both institutional and individual funders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ideally in both English and Spanish.
- Familiarity with San José schools and organizations, particularly those with a focus on the arts and/or on Latinx communities preferred.
- Ability to work well with staff, partners, volunteers, and artists.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Passion for the arts and social justice.
$44,720 annually. No benefits.
Please submit your cover letter including a paragraph on your interest in Teatro Visión, resume, and three references to [email protected].
Teatro Visión is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.