Teatro Visión is seeking a Community Engagement and Marketing Manager to develop and implement strategies, relationships, and programs to deepen our network of community partners, provide creative community engagement opportunities, and promote participation and ticket sales for Teatro Visión productions, classes, workshops, and events, both live and virtual. The Community Engagement and Marketing Manager may, with prior approval, work from home and will be granted flexibility in setting work-schedule. Part-time position: 18 hours per week.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Suggest creative ways to engage community members in Teatro Visión’s productions and creative processes.
- Identify, develop, and cultivate, relationships with local schools, organizations, community groups, and other community stakeholders.
- Design, promote, and coordinate theme performances for Teatro Visión productions, such as College Night, Pride Night, and Girl Scout Day.
- Coordinate and promote group ticket sales for K-12 and college groups for Teatro Visión College Nights and student matinees.
- Design and implement participatory community activities and events related to Teatro Visión live and virtual productions.
- Design, promote, and coordinate community events and livestreams.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for all Teatro Visión productions and events.
- Create and distribute marketing materials for all Teatro Visión productions and events, including brochures, posters, postcards, flyers, emails, etc.
- Develop and implement advertising and PSAs for all Teatro Visión productions and events, including print, radio, television, and online.
- Develop and implement social media strategies for all Teatro Visión productions and events.
- Manage media relationships, including writing and distributing press releases and scheduling media appearances.
- Maintain up-to-date archives of marketing and advertising materials.
- Operate within set budget parameters.
- Provide regular progress reports to Managing and Artistic Directors.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience and success working in partnership with local residents and community organizations.
- Familiarity with San José schools and organizations, particularly those with a focus on Latinx communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in both English and Spanish.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing and PR, preferably for arts and/or community organizations.
- Ability to work well with staff, partners, volunteers, and artists.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Basic computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of graphic design and layout preferred.
- Proficiency using graphic design applications including but not limited to Adobe CS preferred.
- Experience maintaining websites preferred.
- Passion for the arts and social justice.
$26,208 annually. No benefits.
Please submit your cover letter including a paragraph on your interest in Teatro Visión, resume, and three references to [email protected].
Teatro Visión is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Teatro Visión is always happy to meet new actors, designers, directors, musicians, and other members of our community who are interested in working with Teatro Visión.
To introduce yourself, please email Production Manager Dianne Vega with your resume, headshot, design website, or any other relevant information.