The creative process for MACARIO included exploration of the play’s themes through interviews with residents of the Mayfair community of east San José and dialogues with organizations working to address hunger and access to healthy food in Silicon Valley.
We’re excited to host a FREE public panel discussion to raise awareness of local policy initiatives to improve access to healthy food options in our community and how YOU can get involved!
Meet the panelists:
- Martha Barahona, Community Organizer, La Mesa Verde/Sacred Heart Community Service
- Darcie Green, Trustee, Santa Clara County Board of Education
- Erin Healy, Director of Healthy Eating Initiatives, The Health Trust
- Carlos Jiménez Cárdenas, Co-Owner, Vitamina Juices & Blends
- Moderated by: Joanne Seavey-Hultquist, MSW, Health Care Program Manager, Santa Clara County Public Health Department
PLEASE NOTE: You will need a ticket to the 8pm performance of MACARIO to attend the panel. Visit www.macario2015.bpt.me to order tickets today at $5 off the door price.
1700 Alum Rock Ave
San Jose, CA 95116
Google map and directions